I'll Be Back ... Er, I Am Back

This blog is definitely NOT dead. I've just been ... busy? ... eh, more like, overwhelmed by life. Among other things, we managed to buy a house (1:1 scale). Now it is time, once again, to turn back to smaller scale endeavors ...

The mat is the vinyl 3'x4' from Warlord Games, initially made for Project Z but WLG also recommends use with Mr. Cavatore's ill-fated (but excellent!) Terminator game. Recommendation accepted!


The buildings are in the ubiquitous "nondescript MDF ruins" style - these happen to be from Wargames Tournaments who do some nice bundle deals. I wanted to see if I could make them look a little bit more interesting than what I have usually seen. I used cheap-ish texture spray paint (two cans was sufficient for twelve pieces) and generous amounts of Vallejo sepia, with some heavy drybrushing (with cheap toll paint) as well as some select ink details, plus a few signs and posters.


The fence is from 4ground - I think it was made for Dead Man's Hand. I can no longer find it on the 4ground website. What I have laid out here represents one pack. 4ground made two different packs one that was just straights sections (seen here) as well as another with a gate section.


As I mentioned, I'll be using this for - among other things - playing the Terminator Genisys miniatures game. Here you can see some of the (frustratingly poor, IMO) Resistance figures, unbased and unpainted. Hey, I just assembled them last night!


And across the mat we find a patrol of T-800s. Hidden in a giant pile of gaming stuff somewhere or another, I have the awesome Project Z Spec Ops Compound kit, which would make a great centerpiece on this mat.


Pretty happy with how this is turning out. I just need to see about getting some car wrecks and miscellaneous scatter terrain. Stand by for further pictures when the set up is game-ready.